What is Carrier Hub? Is it a useful application or malware/spyware? Should I uninstall it or not? If you are also confused about the Carrier Hub application, then you came to the right place. Here is all the information that you need to know about the Carrier Hub Android application. Most Sprint users just like you want to know what is Carrier Hub.
Carrier Hub is a supporting tool application for Sprint and T-Mobile devices. This tool is useful for enabling helpful features and products on the devices which are operating on T-Mobile or Sprint. Sprint is one of the most widely used telecom and network operators in the world. On April 1, 2020, T-Mobile acquired Sprint telecom and network operators.
Now, the Carrier Hub application is officially used for T-Mobile and Sprint users. The main purpose that the Carrier Hub app serves is voice-over wifi(VoWi-fi). Just with a wi-fi signal, you can make calls regardless of a SIM card if you have the Carrier Hub application. Here, we are going to tell you what is Carrier Hub app in detail, its benefits, disadvantages, and much more.
What Is Carrier Hub Application
Carrier Hub is an Android application that enables the features and products available on Sprint/T-Mobile devices. One of the major applications provided by Carrier Hub for devices operating on Sprint network or T-Mobile network is the Voice Over Wi-fi feature. Using the VoiceOver Wi-fi feature, one can easily share voice chats and calls over the internet. Not only that, but the Carrier Hub application is also useful for assisting Sprint/T-Mobile’s Network engineering for customer-reported service concerns.
There are two Carrier Hub applications available on Google Play Store for Android devices:
- Carrier Hub by Sprint
- Carrier Hub Magenta by T-Mobile USA
Both the applications work the same and offer the same features since Sprint and T-Mobile are on the same telecom and network operators company. This application comes pre-installed in almost all of the devices that are operating on Sprint/T-Mobile. To update the application, the users must visit Google Play Store. And if any device didn’t have a pre-installed Carrier Hub or Carrier Hub Magenta app, they can install the app from Play Store. This was all about what is Carrier Hub.
Benefits Of Using Carrier Hub Sprint/T-Mobile App
You got an idea about what is Carrier Hub and how to install the application above. Now, here are some of the benefits that make the Carrier Hub application worth using.
- Carrier Hub application is useful to enable the voice-over wi-fi mechanism of your Sprint and T-Mobile devices.
- Installing the Carrier Hub application is also helpful in using Sprint products efficiently. Some of the products of Sprint handled by Carrier Hub are wireless phones, data, landlines, relay services, voice-over wi-fi, etc.
- Since Sprint and T-Mobile networks are merged now, both the applications Carrier Hub and Carrier Hub Magenta offers the same features.
- Installing Carrier Hub software makes it easier to enable Sprint products like wireless phone, data, landline, relay services, voice-over wifi, etc.
- Using your location, physical activity, and contacts on the device, the Carrier Hub app serves more accurately.
What Is Carrier Hub Requirement
Once you install the Carrier Hub application and launch it, the app will ask you to allow permissions for the following.
- Phone or Contacts
- Physical Activity
Is Carrier Hub Spyware
No, Carrier Hub is not spyware. It is a useful tool that lets you make use of internet calling, relay services, and other features. Though there are complaints about this app that it reduces the efficiency of the Sprint or T-Mobile network device, however, it is not a virus, malware, or spyware. Make sure to install the application from Google Play Store only.
Issues Caused By Carrier Hub App
Till now you have seen what is Carrier Hub Sprint app, its benefits, and if it is a virus or not. Now, here are some of the major problems that arise due to the Carrier Hub application. You won’t find any problem with your application once you start using it. However, there are some issues that is Carrier Hub responsible for on Sprint and T-Mobile devices. Know what issues are created by Carrier Hub here.
- Battery Draining: After using the Carrier Hub software on Android devices, many users have noticed that their battery is draining out faster than usual. Some users have reported that there was no such issue until they updated the Carrier Hub app.
- Higher Data Consumption: Many Carrier Hub app users are also affected by this app due to its higher data consumption. The Carrier Hub application is reported to be running in the background apps, and draining out the internet data.
- Slower Performance: Another major issue caused by Carrier Hub is that it is leading to the negative performance of the device. Most users have reported about lagging of device operations, phone freezing on the screen, and hanging.
What Is Carrier Hub MCM Client Requests Are Processing
One of the irritating things what is Carrier Hub known for is the “MCM Client Requests are Processing” notification. MCM stands for Mobile Contet Mangement. Most of the time, this notification keeps showing up on the screen and the Carrier Hub users are not liking it. It has become one of the common issues for the users who have installed the Carrier Hub application.
Most times, this notification appears when you restart your phone. The Carrier Hub app tries to connect to the nearest T-Mobile cell towers which result in this notification. If you are in a place with a weak signal, then the MCM notification will keep showing up. If you are constantly seeing the MCM Client Request are Processing notification, then it means your phone won’t be able to call or send a message due to a signal problem. Reaching out to T-mobile for further assistance will be helpful.
Carrier Hub Not Responding
Carrier Hub may stop responding in few cases. Though this issue is not so common in T-Mobile devices, it is still an annoying one. If your Carrier Hub app is not responding, you can clear the app cache on your device to fix the problem.
- Open your Android device and go to Settings.
- Scroll down in the Settings and tap on “Apps”.
- Select Carrier Hub from the apps and go to Storage.
- Tap on the “Clear Cache” button to clear the cache.
Is Carrier Hub Essential
Carrier Hub is an essential application to enable voice-over wifi on your Sprint/T-Mobile network devices. It is a useful tool that lets you make use of internet calling, relay services, and other features. Therefore, installing the Carrier Hub application on your device is a good choice. If you are still confused about the security of the app, let’s remind you again that Carrier Hub is a safe app and not a virus.
Can I Uninstall Carrier Hub App
Most devices come with a pre-installed version of Carrier Hub. You may disable this app on your device but can’t uninstall it easily. Since it is installed by the developer itself, you may have to use some other methods to uninstall the app.
How To Disable Carrier Hub
To disable the Carrier Hub app on your device, follow these steps.
- Start your phone and go to the Settings.
- Now, open Apps, and tap on the three dots icon.
- Select “System Apps” and then tap on Carrier Hub.
- Tap on the “Disable” option to disable the app.
How To Stop Carrier Hub From Accessing Your Data
You already know what is Carrier Hub requirements for running the app. It accesses your location, contacts, and physical activity. So, if you want to stop the app from tracking your data, follow these steps.
- First of all, on your phone, navigate to Settings.
- Now, type “Usage Data Access” in the search bar and open it.
- Scroll down and select the “Carrier Hub” app.
- If the Usage Data Access is turned on for this app, disable it.
How To Uninstall Carrier Hub App
We have clearly explained what is Carrier Hub, what is Carrier Hub beneficial for, and also explained its uses. But, if you still want to uninstall the app after knowing what is Carrier Hub useful for, you can follow the methods given here.
1. Uninstall Carrier Hub Using ADB
Android Debug Bridge (ADB) is a tool that lets you use the Unix shell to run commands on an Android device. Using the ADB commands, you can uninstall the Carrier Hub app.
- First of all, on your phone, navigate to Settings -> System -> About phone.
- Now, tap on the build number 7 times repeatedly to open Developer Options.
- Then, open the Developer Options and enable the “USB debugging” feature.
- Next, on a PC, download ADB(Android Debug Bridge) software.
- Extract the ZIP file into a folder and then open the folder.
- Press the Shift button and right-click on the screen.
- Select “Open Powershell window here” and enter the following command.
- [su_note]adb devices[/su_note]
- Then, connect your Android smartphone to your PC using a USB cable.
- Now, run the following command to uninstall the Carrier Hub app.
- [su_note]adb shell pm uninstall –user 0 com. Sprint.ms.smf.services[/su_note]
- The Carrier Hub app will be uninstalled.
2. Uninstall Carrier Hub Using System App Remover (Root Required)
The System App Remover application is another tool that helps in deleting the Carrier Hub app. But, for this, you have to root your Android device. Rooting your device is not recommended as it may harm your device. Know what is Carrier Hub uninstallation procedure here.
- Go to Google Play Store and install the System App Remover application.
- Launch the app and find the Carrier Hub app.
- Check the box next to Carrier Hub and tap on the “Uninstall” button.
- Confirm to uninstall the app.
That was all about what is Carrier Hub, its uses, how to disable it, and how to uninstall the app. Carrier Hub is a useful tool for Sprint and T-Mobile network users. Installing the app is useful, however, is responsible for some issues. We hope you got to know what is Carrier Hub and how to uninstall it here. Keep visiting TechyGun for more related articles.