The error steam error code 105 might be shown up and you might face issues while you are trying to open the store on the Steam Client if the internet connection that is connected is slow and isn’t stable. Though steam is the most popular game it comes across the bugs that may cause the issues in the steam.
Steam is one of the most popular games due to its user-friendly interface and a wide variety of games available on steam. People can spend hours of their time on the game and can easily purchase their favorite games. Without using too much of the memory, it provided plenty of th games.
Some of the users had reported that they are encountering the error steam error code 105 on their when they trying to launch the game on steam. In this article, we will discuss how to fix the error steam error code 105 if you encounter the error.
How to Fix Steam Error Code 105
If you are the one who encounters the steam error code -105 or error code 105 steam, then there is no need to worry, here we will suggest you go through the below-given troubleshooting methods that will help you to fix the error code 105 steam.
Restart Your Internet Router
The one of the effective and the method that you need to try. Restarting the Internet router will able to erase the glitches if any in the interworking. To get rid of this error code 105 steam, then if your internet connection is active. To do so follow the given below steps to do so.
- Unplug the router from the power supply.
- Wait for a few seconds about 30 secs.
- Then again plug the router into the socket for the power supply.
Through this process, the network connection will reinitialize your internet connection ad gives the refresh start and helps you to fix the error code 105 steam. If this doesn’t work for you then try another method that helps you to fix the steam error code 105.
If the above-described method restarting the router doesn’t help you to fix steam error code 105 or error code 105 steam, then try performing the DNS Flushing, this might helps you to fix the error code 105 steam. If you don’t know how to flush the DNS, there is no need to worry, simply follow the given steps to do so.
- On the taskbar, click on the search icon and type “cmd”.
- From the given list, you will find the command prompt. Right-click on it and then select Run as Administer.
- In the command prompt window, type the command “ipconfig/flushdns“.
- Click on enter Then you will receive the notification that “Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache”.
Let the process be finished and then launch the Steam and check if the error steam error code 105 or error code 105 steam is fixed or not.
Manu of the users uses their internet services provider DNS, they are slow due to their servers. So, in some cases, your DNS is one of the reasons that cause the issue error code 105 steam or steam error code 105, which may not invest too much in the servers.
In such situations, you need to switch to the public DNS Cloudflare, Google, and many more. To change the DNS, you need to follow the given below steps to do so.
- Press and hold the “Windows + R” button.
- Then input “ncpa.cpl” in the given text box and click on “OK”.
- The network connection window will be opened and right-click on it.
- Select the connections that you’re using and right-click on them and select properties.
- If you have chosen the ethernet, under the ethernet properties select the “Internet service Protocol version4” and then click properties.
- When the new window is opened, Then you need to select the “use the following DNS server address” and put 22.214.171.124 as prefer DNS, 126.96.36.199 as an alternate DNS which has been provided by Google. You can also other Public DNS providers.
- With Router IP address login into your Control panel, in many, cases, the given IP address is 192.168.0.1.
- Head to the Internet section and then make sure that the internet connection type is set to “Static IP”.
- You will find the DNS option there, then enter 188.8.131.52 under the primary section and type 184.108.40.206 under the secondary DNS. Then click on the Save button.
- Now restart your button.
Try Using the Cellular Data
If you are encountering the steam error code -105 or steam error code 105, try using the cellular data may help you to fix the error. It is considered Less than as idle playing the ages with the cellular data. On your residential area and the cellular plans, the connection quality will be varied and tend to be relatively more expensive than the home internet deals. In such cases, you have to have to connect with your mobile network for a couple of minutes. Follow the given below steps to do so.
- Turn on your Mobile hotspot on your device.
- Now let your PC is connected to this wireless hotspot.
You can also try to use USB tethering for sharing the data. So, if you have the game on the steam without encountering the error then this might be because of the home network that causes the issue steam error code 105.
Call Your ISP
The above-discussed troubleshooting methods doesn’t help you to fix the error, then you can call your ISP to let them know that it is the reason that encounters the error when you’re launching the game on your device, ONce you explained your problem, then for anomalies they will diagnosis your network.
But in most cases, a reset from the ISP side might help you to fix the, but on-premises you might also receive some on-site support to investigate your cable quality
Some other methods like Deleting Cache or the cookies and even disabling the Adblocker extension on your browser may help you to fix the error steam error code 105 or error code 105 steam. If you have any doubt feel free to text us at TechyGun.