SKSE64 Not Working: Are you trying to play The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim with one of your favorite mods, but your Skyrim Script Extender 64 is not working? Skyrim’s Script Extender is one of the most important tools to enjoy your game without any hassle.
Skyrim Script Extender 64 (SKSE64) is a tool that allows the usage of mods on The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Using this tool makes it easier to launch your game and is also necessary to install different varieties of mods onto it.
But, now some users are facing the SKSE64 not working issue on their Skyrim game. This problem can most possibly occur due to faulty mods installed in your SKSE64. If you want to know how to fix the SKSE64 loader not working properly, then this post is for you.
Why SKSE64 Not Working
There are a few reasons why SKSE64 not launching or working on your device. We have listed them out below.
- Bad Installed Mods: Sometimes, the mods we install on the game may have some bugs in its software or can be infected too. In such cases, the best solution is to get rid of that mod.
- Virus Protection: The antivirus applications or Windows Firewall on your computer are to be blamed most times when any of the programs are not working on your device. It may have blocked access to SKSE64 due to privacy or security issues.
- Outdated Skyrim or SKSE64: Both your game and Script Extender need to have updated software to run or work properly. If you are using an older version, then it can be the reason for SKSE64 not working.
How To Fix SKSE64 Not Working
If the Skyrim Script Extender tool stops working, then there is no way that you can play The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim game. To get back to your game, you must fix this issue as soon as possible. Follow the methods given below to fix Skyrim Script Extender 64.
1. Restart the Device
Before you go to fix the faulty mods and try something to fix the SKSE64, simply restart your device once. If it was not a major problem and the device was just struck or something, then it can be easily fixed by restarting your computer or gaming console. After restarting it, launch Steam -> Skyrim, and check if SKSE is working.
2. Allow Skyrim and SKSE64 Through Firewall
If you are using a Windows platform to play Skyrim, then you must know that your device OS comes with a Defender Firewall that blocks almost anything if it considers a threat to the system. In a similar way, the Windows Firewall may have blocked the SKSE64. You can allow this app through the Firewall by following the steps given below.
- Press Windows+I keys on your keyboard to open the Settings window.
- Now, click on the “Update & Security” section and open it.
- From the left pane, select the “Windows Security” tab.
- Come to the main screen and click on “Firewall & Network Protection”.
- Next, click on “Allow an app through Firewall”.
- Select the “Change settings” option and find “Skyrim” and “SKSE64”.
- Allow these two apps by clicking on the boxes under Private and Public.
- Finally, click on the “OK” button to save the changes and restart your PC.
- SKSE64 not working issue will be fixed.
3. Disable or Delete Faulty Mods
If you have a lot of mods installed for Skyrim, then chances are your mods are making the SKSE64 tool not work properly. Therefore, delete or disable a few mods which you think are most likely to be causing trouble. To disable a mod in Skyrim, follow the steps given below.
- Launch The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on your device.
- Go to the game’s main menu and click on “Mods”.
- Select the mod which is faulty and click on “Delete”.
- You can also just “Disable” it for the time being.
- Save the settings and relaunch Skyrim.
- The SKSE64 not working issue will be fixed by now.
4. Turn Off Third-Party Antivirus
If you have any third-party antivirus apps enabled on your PC, then turn it off temporarily. Similar to the Windows Firewall, these apps may stop your games and their tools from running properly. Just open your antivirus application and disable it temporarily. Check if SKSE64 not working issue is fixed.
5. Reinstall SKSE64
It is important to have the same version of Skyrim and SKSE64 to run the game properly. You can have the SKSE64 not working issue due to compatibility issues. Therefore, uninstall the Skyrim Script Extender from your device and get the compatible version.
- First of all, uninstall SKSE64 from the Control Panel and restart your device.
- Now, right-click on the desktop icon of “Skyrim” and go to “Open file location”.
- Here, make a right-click on the Skyrim.exe file and select “Properties”.
- Next, switch to the “Details” tab and note the “Product version” of Skyrim.
- Open your browser and download its corresponding SKSE64 tool.
- SKSE64 not working issue will be fixed with this method.
If there is no suitable SKSE64 version of Skyrim, then update your Skyrim game to match with the SKSE tool.
Must See: Borderlands 3 crashing pc
Those were all the possible and most effective fixes that will able to resolve the SKSE64 not working issue on any device. Simply restart your device at first, and if didn’t work, then try the other methods as well. You should always make sure that your game and the SKSE tool are updated to not have such issues. For more related posts, visit the TechyGun website.