Is the NVIDIA Control Panel missing from your computer programs? A lot of users have noticed that their Windows desktop context menu is missing NVIDIA Control Panel. Don’t worry, if you aren’t able to find this program, we will help you fix this.
NVIDIA Control Panel is the most important utility tool to run the NVIDIA graphics drivers and other NVIDIA programs on your Windows computer. Those who use NVIDIA GPU must install this software on their devices to make the graphics card drivers work smoothly.
But, now this software has become difficult to access as it is missing from the places and menus it should be. If you are also having the NVIDIA Control Panel missing issue on your Windows PC, then go through this guide and fix the issue now.
How To Fix NVIDIA Control Panel Missing Windows 10
If you are not able to find NVIDIA Control Panel in the desktop menu and the Windows Control Panel, then don’t freak out, and try the methods that are shared below to fix NVIDIA Control Panel not available issue.
1. Unhide NVIDIA Control Panel
The most common reason why your NVIDIA Control Panel is missing is if it’s hidden in the settings. You just have to make sure whether it is hidden or not. And if it in the hidden programs, then unhide it to fix NVIDIA Control Panel missing options.
- Press Windows+R keys to open the Run box. Type “control panel” and click OK.
- Now, in the Control Panel, go to “View by” and select “Large icons”.
- Find “NVIDIA Control Panel” and click on the program to open it.
- Next, click on the “Desktop” or “View” tab and select “Add desktop context menu”.
- Exit the window, and right-click on the desktop to see if NVIDIA Control Panel appears.
2. Restart NVIDIA Services
If you still face the NVIDIA Control Panel missing problem, then try this method. Follow the steps given below to restart the NVIDIA services and then see if the Control Panel appears on the desktop context menu.
- Press Windows+R keys to open the Run box. Type “services.msc” and click OK.
- Now, in the Services window, scroll down to “N” and find all the “NVIDIA” programs.
- Right-click on each NVIDIA file, and click on the “Restart” option.
- If there is any NVIDIA file not running, then click on “Start” and run it.
- Once you have done this for all the NVIDIA services, exit the window.
- Now, check if NVIDIA Control Panel is still missing on your computer.
3. Update NVIDIA Graphics Driver
In this step, make sure you are using the updated NVIDIA graphics drivers. And if not, you can update them by following the steps given below.
- Press Windows+R keys to open the Run box. Type “devmgmt.msc” and click OK.
- Now, in the “Device Manager” window, click on the “Display adapters” section to expand it.
- Right-click on your NVIDIA graphics card under Display adapters and click “Update driver”.
- When prompted, click on “Search automatically for updated driver software”.
- Once the updates are finished, restart your PC.
- The NVIDIA Control Panel missing issue will be fixed by now.
4. Reinstall NVIDIA Graphics Drivers
Didn’t find the NVIDIA Control Panel on the desktop context menu still? If you are having the same issue, then reinstall the NVIDIA graphics drivers. Make sure you download the latest and compatible versions of the graphics drivers.
- Go to the Control Panel and uninstall the NVIDIA Graphics drivers.
- Now, restart your computer and connect it to the internet.
- Visit https://www.nvidia.in/Download page and select the suitable drivers for your PC.
- Download the drivers and successfully complete the installation.
- NVIDIA Control Panel missing issue will not occur this time.
5. Reinstall NVIDIA Control Panel
NVIDIA Control Panel is still missing? Reinstall the software itself. Delete this application and install it again on your device to fix the NVIDIA Control Panel missing issue.
- Press Windows+I keys to go to the Settings window and click on “Apps”.
- Now, click on “NVIDIA Control Panel” and select the “Uninstall” button.
- Confirm again and delete it from your device.
- Restart the PC, go to Microsoft Store, and download NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Complete the installation and start using it.
- Right-click on the desktop to see if the NVIDIA Control Panel missing is fixed.
6. Contact NVIDIA Support
If nothing is working, just contact the NVIDIA support page and explain your issue to them. They will show you the most effective and working fix by troubleshooting the cause behind it.
- Open your browser and go to the www.nvidia.com/support website.
- Select your problem from the given options or write an email to this site.
- You can rest assured that the page will surely get back to you and fix your problem.
We hope you found a helpful method in this post to fix the NVIDIA Control Panel missing issue. NVIDIA Control Panel is accessible easily by right-clicking on the desktop. However, a lot of users are not able to find it there. If you are also having the same issue, then without worrying, follow the methods given in this post and fix the issue. For more useful guides from TechyGun, visit our website.