Are you looking for a quick way to fix the Modern Warfare Unable To Access Online Services error? Call Of Duty Modern Warfare Unable to Access Online Services error message appears in the game when the game server is unable to connect to your device’s network.
Call Of Duty Modern Warfare is one of the most played games in the Call Of Duty franchise. This battle royale game is loved throughout the game lovers. Modern Warfare is available to play on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows.
Unable to Access Online Services Modern Warfare is an error given by the same game on most Windows and PS4 consoles. When your device is not able to catch the proper signals of the Activision server, then this error can occur. Know how to fix Modern Warfare Unable to access online services errors below.
8 Ways To Fix Modern Warfare Unable To Access Online Services
Here are the best 8 ways to fix the Modern Warfare Unable to access online service issue on your Windows and PlayStation consoles easily. Follow the methods given below and fix the error successfully.
1. Is Modern Warfare Down
Before you start with the fixes for your Modern Warfare, make sure to check if the game servers are actively working or not. The developer team of Modern Warfare, Activision, is sure to update about the issues such as the game servers being down on social media.
- Visit the official page of Activision on Twitter.
- Check if there are any updates about servers being down at the moment.
- If the servers are actually facing a problem, just wait for it to be fixed.
- If Activision is perfectly working, then start performing the fixes given below.
2. Restart your Device
Restart the device on which you got the Modern Warfare Unable to access online services error. Rebooting your PC, Xbox or PS4 console can actually work. Your device and its network drivers will be refreshed by giving it a restart. After restarting your device, launch Battle.net, go to Modern Warfare, and see if the error is fixed.
3. Check your Internet
“Unable to connect to online services”. This error has a lot to do with your connection. One of the main reasons why you get the Modern Warfare Unable to connect online services is due to the lack of proper connection between your device and the game server. Therefore, make sure your internet is speed enough, and if possible, switch to a wired connection.
4. Reset the Router
Several times, the router issues come between your device connections and lead to errors. Therefore, to refresh the signals, reset the router to its default IP address. You can find the “Reset” button at the back of the router. The button will be placed inside a hole which you have to press using a pin.
5. Scan and Repair the Game
Call Of Duty games has a “Scan and repair” functionality that automatically finds for the internal software bugs, damaged game files, and other issues and repairs them themselves. This method can surely help to get rid of the Modern Warfare Unable to access online services error.
- Launch Blizzard Battle.net and click on the “Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare” game.
- Now, click on the “Options” menu and select the “Scan and repair” option.
- Next, click on the “Begin scan” button to start the scan and repair.
- Wait for the Scan and repair to complete and then relaunch the game.
- The Modern Warfare Unable to access online services error should be fixed by now.
6. Configure DNS Settings (Windows)
If you are still not able to get rid of the Modern Warfare Unable to access online services error, then try changing the DNS values of your device. For Windows PC, follow the steps given below.
- Press Windows+I keys on your device to open the Settings page.
- Now, click on the “Network & Internet” section and open it.
- Next, from the left pane, select your type of connection such as “Ethernet” or “Wi-fi”.
- Click on the “Edit” button under the IP Settings option.
- A pop-up will appear with the name “Edit IP Settings”. Select “Manual”.
- Now, toggle the button for “IPv4” to get the DNS settings page.
- Enter the below DNS values for “Preferred” and “Alternate” respectively.
- Click on the “Save” button to apply the changes and restart your device.
- After the device reboots, check if the Modern Warfare Unable to access online services if fixed.
7. Configure DNS Settings (PS4)
If you are a PS4 user, then follow the steps given below to change the DNS on your device.
- Start your PS4 and when it boots up, navigate to the “Settings” page.
- In the Settings, click on “Network” and then select “View Connection Status”.
- From here, note the IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway values.
- Now, go back to the “Network” settings page and select “Set Up Internet Connection”.
- Choose your connection and then select “Custom” for the next page.
- Once in the IP Address Settings Page, select the option for “Manual”.
- Get the values that you have noted down earlier and enter those on the screen.
- Then under Primary and Secondary DNS, enter the following IP addresses respectively.
- Next, choose “Automatic” for MTU settings and “Not to Use” for Proxy server.
- Finally, save your changes and click on “Test Your Internet Connection”.
- This method should fix the Unable to access online services Modern Warfare PS4.
8. Switch your Region
If nothing works, try changing your location on the Modern Warfare game. You can also use a good VPN or directly follow the steps given below.
- Launch Blizzard Battle.net client and go to “Call Of Duty: MW” game.
- Now, go to the “Globe” icon present at the bottom of the screen and click on it.
- The screen will show you options to select for your region.
- Click on any region except your location and save it as your location.
- Now, relaunch the game. Modern Warfare unable to access online services error will be fixed hopefully.
Other Similar Articles To Look:
Those were all the possible working methods that can help you to fix the Modern Warfare Unable to access online services error on your respective device. If this article helped you to fix the problem, then share it with your friends and other people too. Stay tuned to TechyGun for more useful guides that are updated on our website.