Is your Modern Warfare crashing PC or other gaming consoles mid-game or at the startup? Don’t worry, this issue has been there for a lot of users. Call Of Duty Modern Warfare PC crashing is one of the most found issues on this game.
Call Of Duty Modern Warfare is one of the most widely played and hit installments in the Call Of Duty game series. This action FPS game is available on Steam for PC users. But, due to some software issues and faulty settings, Modern Warfare keeps crashing PC.
If you are also here for the same reason, then this post is specially written for you. This post will guide you through the updated and working fixes for resolving Modern Warfare crashing PC issue on Windows.
8 Ways To Fix Modern Warfare Crashing PC
Here are the best 8 solutions to fix the Call Of Duty Modern Warfare keeps crashing on PC. Follow the given steps carefully for each method and ultimately get rid of the PC crashes.
1. Check The System Requirements
Call Of Duty Modern Warfare has a particular set of system requirements to run the game properly on the device. If a user has installed the game on a device that doesn’t meet the needed requirements, then it can lead to Modern Warfare crashing PC fatally. Go through the system requirements for Modern Warfare and check if your device is compatible with it or not.
- OS: Windows 7 64-Bit or Windows 10 64-Bit
- CPU: Intel Core i3-4340 or AMD FX-6300
- RAM: 8GB RAM
- HDD: 175GB HD space
- Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 / GeForce GTX 1650 or Radeon HD 7950
- DirectX: DirectX 12 compatible system
- Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
- OS: Windows 10 64 Bit
- CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K or AMD Ryzen R5 1600X processor
- RAM: 12GB RAM
- HDD: 175GB HD space
- Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / GTX 1660 or Radeon R9 390 / AMD RX 580
- DirectX: Requires DirectX 12 compatible system
- Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
2. Update Graphics Drivers
Follow the steps given below to update the graphics card drivers on your Windows device.
- On your desktop, press the Windows+R buttons to trigger the Run dialog box.
- Enter “devmgmt.msc” command in the box and click “OK”.
- Click on “Display adapters” and right-click on your graphics card.
- Select the “Update driver” option and then click “Search automatically for updated driver software”.
- When the drivers are successfully installed, restart the device.
- Launch Steam client and open “Call of Duty MW”.
- Modern Warfare crashing PC should be fixed by this method.
3. Verify Integrity Of Game Files
The game files installed on Steam can go missing or get corrupted or damaged in the installation process. Verifying the game files can resolve the Modern Warfare PC crashing issue.
- Open the Steam client and click on the “Library” tab to view the installed games.
- Make a right-click on “Call Of Duty Modern Warfare” and then select “Properties”.
- Now, on the Properties page, switch to the “Local Files” tab.
- Then, click on the option “Verify Integrity Of Game Files”.
- Wait till the game verifies the files and then restart Modern Warfare.
- Hopefully, the Modern Warfare crashing PC issue will be fixed by now.
4. Change Texture Resolution
Changing the graphics settings of the Call Of Duty MW game has helped when Modern Warfare crashing PC issue occurred for other users. To do so, follow the steps given below.
- Open the Steam client and go to Call Of Duty MW from the Library.
- Right-click on Modern Warfare and select “Options”.
- Now, click on the “Game Settings” option and select “Graphics”.
- Switch to the “Details & Textures” tab and make “Texture Resolution” to “Normal”.
- Save the changes and exit the Modern Warfare settings.
- Relaunch the game and see if the Modern Warfare crashing PC issue is fixed or not.
5. End The Background Apps
Modern Warfare crashing PC can most probably occur due to a lot of apps running in the background. Make sure to close these programs by following the steps given below.
- Press Windows+R keys to get the Run box on your PC.
- Now, type “taskmgr” in the Run and click “OK”.
- Next, click on the “Processes” tab in the Task Manager.
- Right-click on all the Background apps one by one, and select “End task”.
- Do not end the task for the programs which are useful such as those related to Microsoft.
- After closing all the unwanted programs, exit the window.
- Launch Modern Warfare game and check if it still crashes on PC.
6. Change Game Priority
If you are still not able to fix the Modern Warfare crashing PC on your device, then set the Modern Warfare game priority to “High”. By doing so, a lot of users have fixed the crashing problem on their game.
- Press Windows+R keys to get the Run box. Now, type “taskmgr” in the Run and click “OK”.
- Next, click on the “Details” tab and right-click on “Call Of Duty Modern Warfare”.
- Click on “Set Priority” and then select “High”, and click on “Change Priority”.
- Save the changes and launch Call Of Duty Modern Warfare in Steam client.
- Check if still Modern Warfare crashing PC.
7. Disable Discord In-Game Overlay
This step is for those who use Discord. A lot of Discord users have noticed that disabling the overlay feature in Discord has actually helped to fix Modern Warfare’s PC crashing issue.
- Go to the “Discord” app and open the Settings of this application.
- Now, click on the “Overlay” tab from the left pane of the window.
- Next, come to the main screen and go under the “Overlay” section.
- Toggle the button off for “Enable in-game overlay”.
- Exit the settings and launch Modern Warfare. The crashing issue must be fixed by now.
8. Stop Overclocking CPU
Overclocking is one of the common practices found in Windows PCs to play games. If you have also overclocked your CPU to make it run faster than it should be, then you should stop overclocking the CPU. Since overclocking increases the heat in the hardware components and can damage the system and is one of the most possible reasons for your Modern Warfare crashing PC.
- Why does apex legends keep crashing
- Fallout 4 keeps crashing to desktop
- Rainbow six siege crashing on startup
We have provided the best 8 solutions to fix the Call Of Duty Modern Warfare PC crashing issue in this post. Crashing of a computer can most likely happen due to software bugs and outdated software. If you liked the methods listed in this post, then share them with your friends too. Keep visiting the TechyGun website for updated guides.