The Kentucky Derby is broadcast on NBC, so you can watch it for free if you have a local NBC station and an antenna. If you’re a cord-cutter, and you can’t or don’t want to watch the free over-the-air broadcast, you also have several options to stream the event online.
NBC Sports’ official broadcast of the Kentucky Derby offers a short trial period, and you can also watch the race on a streaming service like YouTube TV or Sling TV.
Date: May 7, 2022
Hour: 2:30 – 7:30 PM ET
go up the horsemen: 6:31 PM ET
Exit: 6:50PM ET
Place: Churchill Downs
How to stream the Kentucky Derby from NBC
The Kentucky Derby is broadcast over the air, free of charge, on your local NBC station. That means you can watch it for free with a TV and antenna. If you have a cable or satellite subscription, or you’re able to borrow a friend or family member’s login information, you can also stream the race on NBC Sports.
The NBC Sports stream is accessible through any modern web browser, and there’s also an NBC Sports app you can download for your phone, streaming device, or even game console.
NBC Sports only allows you to watch for free for a few minutes. The only way to remove this restriction is to connect through a cable or satellite provider. If you don’t have a cable subscription, this isn’t an ideal method. Your free trial may time out during the race if you open the site too soon.
Here’s how to stream the Kentucky Derby on NBC Sports:
- Navigate to the streaming site NBC Sports Kentucky Derby. The player will load, and the Kentucky Derby will be available when the event goes live.
NBC only offers a brief advance live. If you have a cable or satellite subscription, you can use that to remove the time limit.
- If the preview is over and you have a cable or satellite subscription, you can scroll down and click CHECK NOW.
- Select your supplier cable or satellite.
- access your bill cable or satellite.
- The live preview limit will be removed and you will be able to relay the whole event.
Which broadcast services include the Kentucky Derby?
If you’re a cord-cutter, the best way to stream the Kentucky Derby is through a TV streaming service. These services are much like cable, providing live access to many of the same channels, but accessed over the Internet.
- Hulu with Live TV: NBC is available in most markets through this service, but most are not in all markets. Check this service first, and move on if they don’t cover your area. Get a free Hulu trial here.
- Get a free Hulu trial here.
- YouTubeTV: This service offers the second most extensive coverage for NBC, so check it out below.
- AT&T TV Now: Formerly DirecTV Now, this service has deals with many NBC stations, so it’s worth a try if you haven’t had any luck yet.
- SlingTV: NBC is available in very few markets from this service, but the price is good. If your area is covered, Sling TV is worth a try.
- fuboTV: This is another service that has deals with some NBC stations, but not many. It also has many sports channels. Try fuboTV with a free trial now.
Derby Streaming on Mobile, Streaming Devices and Consoles
You can stream the Kentucky Derby on mobile devices like phones and tablets, and also streaming devices like Roku, as well as gaming consoles. All of the same services that stream the Kentucky Derby on your computer are also available for these devices.
Here are the apps you’ll need to stream the Kentucky Derby on NBC Sports:
- Android: NBC Sports
- iOS: NBC Sports
- Amazon Devices: NBC Sports
- Rock: NBC Sports
- PS4: NBC Sports
- Xbox One: NBC Sports
How to stream Kentucky Derby audio for free
NBC sports radio stations carry coverage of the Kentucky Derby, and you can listen to it for free through the Horse Racing Radio Network. You won’t be able to watch the derby this way, because it’s literally a broadcast from a radio station, but it allows you to follow the action for free if you have no other options.
Here’s how to stream Kentucky Derby audio for free:
- Navigate to horseracingradio.net.
- Click the button reproduction.
The player is surrounded by banners advertisements and can be difficult to locate. Look for the HRRN logo with a play button overlaid.
Is there any other way to stream the Kentucky Derby for free?
In addition to the Horse Racing Radio Network, you can also stream the Kentucky Derby on any NBC sports radio broadcast through any radio streaming site. If you have an NBC sports radio station in your area, you can also listen through your radio, and you may also be able to listen through that station’s website.
The other way to hear, or even see, a transmission Free live stream of the Kentucky Derby is through a sports betting site. the official site endorsed by the Kentucky Derby is Twinspire. If you have a membership, these sites usually allow you to watch a live stream of races like the Kentucky Derby directly from the track.
When you watch a race like the Kentucky Derby through a betting site, you only get to see the race itself. Everything else surrounding the race, including all the festivities that go on throughout the day, can only be seen in NBC streams.