what you need to know
- Go to the Activity Center > Connect > select a device > Accept.
- Make sure Miracast has been enabled and updated before you start.
- Miracast has been included in PCs since Windows 8.1 was introduced. Use it to deliver 1080p HD video as well as 5.1 surround sound.
This article explains how to set up screen mirroring on your Windows 10 computer, as well as how to make sure it’s turned on and properly updated.
How to set up screen mirroring on your Windows 10 PC
Using Miracast, you can connect your Windows 10 PCs to another computer, to devices wireless already smartphones compatible. By following these simple steps, you’ll be up and running with screen mirroring in no time.
- Open the Action Center by clicking the speech bubble icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Select the Connect button.
- A list of computers and other compatible devices.
Select the device you want to mirror your screen to.
- A window appears in the device receiver, asking if you want to allow the computer to connect. Click OK to connect your computer.
- Once you’re done, make click on Disconnect to finish screen mirroring.
How to check that Miracast is enabled on your Windows 10 PC
Although Miracast is a standard feature on most Windows 10 PCs, it never hurts to make sure your software is ready to go. Fortunately, checking that Miracast is on your computer is easy to do.
- Press the Windows key +R on your keyboard to open the command window.
- Scribe dxdiag in the box and press the Enter key.
- press the button Keep all the information located at the bottom of the window. Save the text file to the desired location.
- Open the text file and search for Miracast. The current availability status is displayed next to it.
How to make sure your version of Miracast is fully up to date
Although your Windows 10 PC comes with Miracast pre-installed, it is necessary to update it to the latest version for it to work effectively. The easiest way to deal with this problem is to download a driver utility tool that will automatically check and update your drivers to the most current version.
If you find that your Miracast drivers are outdated, follow these steps to update them.
- Download the tool Intel Driver And Support Assistant.
- Locate the folder download and click on the archive .exe to run it.
- Accept the terms and conditions of the license on the page that opens and click Install.
- The system displays a progress bar. Wait for the installation to finish installing.
- When installation is complete, select Start.
- Click on Start scan. The system scans your system for available drivers. It then lists all available drivers that need to be updated and update.