Students can get a discount on the account of YouTube Premium if they attend an eligible institution of higher education in the USA or in more than 60 countries. Students can purchase a subscription to Youtube music Premium or to YouTube Premium. YouTube Premium members have access to an ad-free version of YouTube, as well as YouTube Originals.
Who is eligible for a YouTube Premium student discount?
Students can purchase a subscription to YouTube Music Premium or YouTube Premium With discount. Students must be enrolled full-time in an institution of higher learning that meets the necessary requirements in USA and in more than 60 countries to be eligible for this discount, it is valid for a maximum of four years, and students must re-verify their eligibility each year. a company called SheerID handles the verification.
What does the YouTube Premium student discount include?
Students get a free trial month and pay about half of the monthly subscription amount. The subscription includes the same benefits as a subscription without a discount. Members get access to YouTube and YouTube Music Premium, ad-free videos and music, video and music downloads for offline viewing and listening, and the ability to play videos in the background while using other apps or when the screen is locked.
How to sign up for the YouTube Premium student discount
YouTube uses a service called SheerID to confirm eligibility. You can check if your school is included by going to the landing page of the membership for YouTube Premium or YouTube Music Premium students.
- On the landing page, click FREE TRIAL.
- A message will appear warning that you will be redirected to SheerID for verification. click on CONTINUE.
- Fill in your country, university (options will appear as you type), first and last name, date of birth, and email address. Check the box to accept the verification process.
- click on FOLLOWING.
- Sometimes SheerID needs more information, like a scan of your student ID, transcript, or other documentation from your university. Upload the files and click SEND. YouTube says you’ll get an email notification about your status within 20 minutes if you live in the US,
- If verification is successful, SheerID will redirect you back to the YouTube Premium signup page. You may need to sign in to your YouTube account.
- Click on your profile picture.
- Select the paid subscription and follow the on-screen prompts.
- click on LEARN MORE.
- Choose a payment method or add a new one. Click START A TRIAL MONTH. After the first month, YouTube will start bill you.
What happens when you finish your studies?
The YouTube Premium Student discount is only available if you attend an eligible school and is limited to four years total. Whichever comes first – graduation or four years in school – is when your discount expires.
YouTube requires you to verify your student status once a year by repeating the process above. When you no longer qualify, you can choose to pay full price for a Premium account or cancel your subscription.