Hulu error code p-dev320 is one of dozens of error codes and hulu messages that may appear when trying to stream Hulu content. This error can occur when trying to watch moviesTV show episodes, and even when trying to stream live events via Hulu with Live TV.
How Hulu error code p-dev320 appears
When this error occurs, you’ll typically see a message that looks something like this:
- We’re having trouble reproducing this It may help if you turn off your device for a minute and try again. Hulu Error Code: P-DEV320
You can also see:
- Hulu error code: P-DEV318
- Hulu error code: P-DEV322
The p-dev320 error and related p-dev318 and p-dev322 error codes can occur with any device that is capable of running the Hulu app, including the Hulu web player in your web browser. Hulu playback failures can also be caused by an outdated app or even a problem with the Hulu service itself.
Causes of Hulu Error Code P-DEV320 and Similar Codes
Hulu error code p-dev320 indicates a communication issue between your Hulu app or the Hulu web player and Hulu’s main servers. It can stem from connectivity issues within your network, an outdated app on your device, or issues with Hulu itself.
Similar issues can also cause related codes like p-dev318 and p-dev322, but these errors are usually the result of issues on the Hulu endpoint that you can’t do anything about.
How to Fix Hulu Error Code P-DEV320
To fix this error code, follow these troubleshooting steps in order. If Hulu is still not working when you get to the end, the problem is likely something Hulu needs to fix. You can contact Hulu customer support for additional information, but they’re probably already working on a fix.
- Check if Hulu is experiencing an outage. The service may be down for everyone.
- Try on a different device. If you have more than one device capable of playing Hulu, try it on a different one. For example, check if it works on your phone if you were watching it on your computer, or try it on your Xbox One if you were watching it on your Nintendo Switch.
If Hulu works on your other devices, then suspect a problem with the first device, such as an internet connectivity issue or an outdated app.
- Make sure your Hulu app is up to date. If your app is an old version, it can cause error code p-dev320, which is especially likely to be the problem if Hulu works on some of your devices and not on others.
Check out this helpful Hulu resource for Hulu app release notes. Choose your platform from the list to find out the numbering of the latest version of the Hulu app for your device. If your app version is lower than the latest version number, your app is out of date.
- Clear cache and data. If your app is already up to date, it may have some corrupted data. In that case, clearing the Hulu app cache and local data may fix the problem.
– On Android: Go to Settings > Apps > See all apps > Storage & cache > clear storage, then clear cache.
– On iOS: Go to Settings > General > Storage > Hulu, then delete and uninstall the app. Reinstall it through the app store.
– On Fire TV: Go to Settings > Apps > Manage installed apps > Hulu > Clear cache > Clear data.
If you’re using Hulu’s web player, you should clear your browser’s cache and data, so if anything is causing problems, it’s cleared.
- Check other streaming services. Using the same device that is experiencing the p-dev320 error, try other streaming services such as Netflix. If another service is also not working and generating error codes, that is proof that your device has a connectivity problem. You may need to update your device, restart it, or fix its Internet connection.
- Try Hulu on a different Internet connection, such as a mobile Internet connection. If Hulu works on one Internet connection but not the other, you have a connectivity issue with your primary Internet connection.
- Check your internet connection. See if other streaming apps work on your device if you have any. If your device has connectivity issues, they can cause this error code.
- Check your internet speed. Do this with the device you’re trying to use with Hulu, which has various internet speed recommendations. If you don’t have the required speed, that could cause the problem. Contact your Internet Service Provider to see what speed your connection is supposed to have.
- Reboot your device and your local network hardware. You can sometimes resolve connectivity issues by restarting your device and network hardware.
If Hulu is still not working after following all of the steps above, consider contacting Hulu to report the issue and ask for further assistance.