Disney Plus Error Code 83 is the worst error you can get when trying to stream on Disney Plus. It’s nothing descriptive about what the problem is, and to make matters worse, error code 83 blocks you from using Disney Plus altogether. If you run into this issue, you’re in luck – here’s what’s causing the error and how to fix it.
Disney Plus Error Code 83 can affect virtually any type of device that can run Disney Plus, including computers, smartphones, tablets, a streaming device like Apple TV or Roku, smart TVs, and game consoles. The explanation and suggestions in this article apply to all of those types of devices.
What Causes Disney Plus Error Code 83?
Disney is frustratingly tight-lipped about the cause of error code 83. The Disney Plus support page for the error simply says that the error “means we’re experiencing an unknown error streaming to your device.”
Not very useful, right? Maybe not directly, but narrowing down the error to a problem with your device, your internet connection, or your account actually gives us a bunch of steps to try to fix it.
How to fix Disney Plus error code 83
To fix Disney Plus error code 83, try the following steps in the order listed.
Error code 83 can occur on many different types of devices, so some of these steps may not apply to your device. For the steps that do apply, the specific actions to take will depend on your device.
- Make Sure Disney Plus Isn’t the Problem. The problem with Disney Plus might not be your device. It could be that Disney Plus is not working in general at the moment. So a good starting point is to find out if the issue is with the service or something on your end.
- BSince error code 83 usually indicates a compatibility issue between your device and Disney Plus, the first thing you should do when you see the error is to check the Disney Plus software and device compatibility list. If your device does not appear in the list, that is your problem and you will have to use another device.
Linux users, pay special attention. ANDAt the time of this writing, Disney Plus does not support Linux at all, regardless of the distribution or browser you use.
- Check your web browser. If your device supports Disney Plus, you may be receiving error code 83 because your web browser is incompatible. Disney Plus is compatible with Chrome, Edge, Firefox, and Internet Explorer on Windows, Safari, Chrome, and Firefox on macOS, and Chrome on Chrome OS. Check the full list of supported versions, and if your browser isn’t supported, you’ll need to use one that is.
- Check your Internet connection and speed. If your internet connection isn’t working or fast enough, you won’t be able to stream Disney Plus videos. The Disney Plus internet speed requirements will give you a good idea of what speeds you need, then you can test your internet speed or try using internet speed test sites to find out if it’s enough to stream content from the service.
- Reboot your device. This is a clichéd troubleshooting step for a reason: it’s easy and it works most of the time. Although restarting your device won’t fix Error Code 83, it might and it’s so easy and quick that it’s always worth a try.
- Update the Disney Plus app. When new versions of apps are released, the old ones are often incompatible. That could be your problem here. If you’re using a smartphone, tablet, game console, streaming device, or smart TV, go to your device’s app store and check for a Disney Plus app update to install.
- Delete and reinstall the Disney Plus app. Even if no update is available, the problem could be your app. If there is any kind of error or data corruption in your app, it could cause the error code 83. Completely delete the app and reinstall it to see if the problem is fixed.
- Update the firmware or operating system of your device. Just an old version of the app can cause a compatibility issue, just like running an old version of your device’s operating system or firmware. If none of the steps so far have worked, check to see if your device has an operating system or firmware update available and install it.
For instructions, see How to update iOS on iPhone, How to update the Android operating system, and How to update a Samsung Smart TVs.
- Try another account. The explanation for Disney error code 83 is that it may be caused by account issues. All of our steps so far have focused on fixing the software, but if nothing else has worked yet, maybe your account is the problem. Try signing in with another account that you know works. If you can do this and you don’t see the error code 83, then the problem is with your account. Please check your billing information and subscription status, and contact Disney Plus Support if necessary.