Streaming TV shows and movies on Hulu is great, but did you know you can download Hulu shows to watch offline? With a little planning, you can enjoy your favorite shows even when you don’t have internet connection.
What you need to watch Hulu offline
To download shows from Hulu, you must meet the following requirements:
- Your Hulu account must be Ad-Free or Ad-Free + Live TV.
- The program you want to download must allow downloads. Not all TV series or movies are available for download, but thousands of them are.
- You must have a compatible mobile device with iOS, Android or Amazon Fire.
- You must have the Hulu app installed on your device (it can be downloaded for free from the iOS App Store and the Google Play Store).
Hulu download is only available on the mobile operating systems listed above. You cannot download programs on desktop or laptop computers, or on smart tvs.
How to Download Hulu Shows to Watch Offline
To download programs from Hulu to watch them offline, follow these steps:
- On your compatible mobile device, launch the Hulu app and tap Downloads pTo see all the programs that are available for download.
- Tap the show you want to download, then browse through the seasons and episodes until you find something to download.
- Tap the download icon. When the download is complete, the button changes to a check mark.
How long it takes to download depends on the length of the show (a 30-minute show will download faster than a 90-minute movie) and whether you’re downloading via Wi-Fi or mobile. And remember that mobile downloading will likely use many of your monthly data.
- Tap X to exit series view, and then touch the Downloads menu again to see a list of all your downloaded episodes.
Is there a limit to the number of Hulu downloads?
Now that you’ve seen how easy it is to download Hulu shows, you may want to fill your mobile device with downloaded episodes. Do this, but keep in mind that Hulu limits the number of downloaded episodes you can have at one time.
At the time of writing this article, you can only have 25 episodes downloaded. That limit is per account, so the number of devices you use to download doesn’t matter. If your account’s total downloads across all devices reaches 25, you will have reached your limit.
There are also device limits. You can only have downloads on 5 devices at a time.
How to remove downloaded shows from Hulu
If you’ve reached your download limit of 25 episodes and want to download new shows, you’ll need to delete some old ones. Here we explain how:
- In the Hulu app, tap Downloads and then tap Edit.
- Tap the circle next to the episode(s) you want to delete.
- Touch the icon of the paper bin.
- On the menu emergent, touch Get rid of.
Downloads are removed automatically after seeing them.
How long do Hulu downloads last?
Unseen downloads remain active on your mobile device for 30 days after you download them.
If you have a download that you still haven’t viewed after 30 days, you may be able to renew it. To do this, go to the Downloads menu, tap the exclamation point icon next to an episode, then tap Renew Download. this gives you another 30 days to watch the episode.
Do you have questions about downloading programs from Hulu that haven’t been answered here, like what happens when you cancel your Hulu subscription or pause your account?