Between remembering your Netflix password and deciding who can access it, managing a Netflix account can be frustrating.. Anyone with knowledge and access to a Netflix account can block a primary subscriber from their account. Netflix has security features and helpful customer service to help users keep accounts safe, if only to change Netflix password.
- How to Change Netflix Password from a Web Browser
- How to change your Netflix password from mobile
- How to change Netflix password from old and unsupported mobile devices
- how to kick out someone from a Netflix account
- What to do if your Netflix account is hacked
- What to do if you get kicked off your Netflix account
- Other Netflix Password Tips
How to Change Netflix Password from a Web Browser
This is the most direct way to access your Netflix account controls and change Password. You’ll have a full keyboard and more control when browsing.
- Open a web browser and navigate to Netflix.com.
- start session on your Netflix account.
- On the screen of library Netflix that allows you to search for something to watch, select your profile icon in the upper right corner of the window.
- In the dropdown menu, select Account.
- On the Account page, go to the section Membership & Billing and select Change Password.
- On the Change Password page, enter your current password to verify that it is you. Then enter a new password twice. When you’re done, select Save to change your password.
How to change your Netflix password from mobile
If you only use Netflix on a mobile device, you can change your password from your Android or iOS phone or tablet.
- open the apps from Netflix.
- From the main screen, tap More (it’s in the bottom-right corner of the screen). The icon is three stacked lines.
- On the More screen, select Account in the list that appears below your profile pictures.
- The Netflix app opens to your account page. Towards the top of the page, find and select Change password.
- Enter your current password along with the new one. Check the new password and select Save when you finish.
How to change Netflix password from old and unsupported mobile devices
There are two Netflix mobile apps because Netflix is only compatible with current devices that have not been modded or rooted. If your device has been modified or is out of the window mediumyou are probably running the semi-official Netflix app unsupported which is essentially a portal to the Netflix website. You can still change your password, and it’s similar to the browser version.
- Open the Netflix app.
- Touch the icon menu in the upper left corner of the screen, represented by three stacked lines.
- A menu slides out from the side of the screen. Scroll to the bottom.
- choose Bill on the menu.
- On the Netflix account screen, search through your email address, and then tap Change Password.
- On the next screen, enter your current password followed by your new password twice. When you’re sure of the change, tap Save to update your password.
When signing in to Netflix from an unknown device (such as a computer, tablet, or smartphone newly purchased) a notification is immediately sent to the primary subscriber’s email. This notification contains details about the login, including the location and type of device used to log in. If this access is authorized, you can ignore the email. If not, you can take several steps.
how to kick out someone from a Netflix account
There is an option to require all devices to log in. new with the new password. If you do not want to share the new Netflix password, select this option. This causes all connected devices to sign out of the Netflix account, and only those with the new password can sign back in. log in.
If you change a password and later decide to restrict access to the account, there is an option to sign out of all devices in the Account settings, which will cause other users to sign out of the Netflix account. As a courtesy, you, as the primary subscriber, may wish to advise other users that you no longer wish to share your Netflix password.
What to do if your Netflix account is hacked
If someone tries to access a Netflix account in a nefarious way, you’ll receive an email notification about the activity and instructions on what to do next.
These options include changing the Netflix password or the email address associated with the account. Netflix recommends doing it through the option I forgot my password on the login page.
Using this method to set a new password requires an email address or phone number so that more can be sent. instructions via email, a text or a phone call. Retrieving an email address requires the primary subscriber’s first and last name, and the credit or debit card associated with the account.
What to do if you get kicked off your Netflix account
If an unauthorized user accesses a Netflix account and changes the password, the primary subscriber can visit the Netflix Help Center or call customer service using the number provided in the alert email.
The customer service representative asks the subscriber several questions to verify the account and can make changes to the account remotely. These changes include updating the password and email address associated with the account. Customer service can also provide details about the hack, including location from which it originated and what type of device was used.
Your customer service representative may recommend changing the email address associated with your account, as it would be easy for a intruder change password again with access to the original email address.
Other Netflix Password Tips
After all issues are resolved, the primary subscriber receives an email reviewing the issue and another link to the Netflix Help Center with articles on keeping a Netflix account secure.
Netflix recommends keeping a unique password for an account and changing it periodically. Netflix suggests a password of at least eight characters, with a mix of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols and no dictionary words, names, or personal information.