With all the cartoons, movies and TV shows from childhood, Disney Plus has become the service streaming everyone’s favorite, and for most smart TVs, the app Disney+ it’s easy to add. Here’s how to add Disney Plus to a smart TV, including TVs Samsung, LG and Vizio.
All instructions in this article assume that you have signed up for a Disney+ account and have a smart TV connected to the Internet. Your smart TV must be connected to the Internet to complete these instructions.
How to download Disney Plus on a Samsung Smart TV
Disney Plus is available for Samsung TVs that are models of 2016 and later. If your Smart TV from Samsung is supported, here’s how to download Disney+ for Samsung.
- On your Samsung TV remote, use the buttons to navigate and select the app option.
- In Apps you can scroll to find Disney+ or you can use your controller to navigate to the search function in the top right corner and search for: Disney Plus.
- Select the Disney+ app, and then select Install.
- Once the Disney Plus app has been downloaded and installed, you can then use your controller to select the app to launch it and sign in with your account credentials DisneyPlus.
How to Add Disney Plus on LG Smart TV
Disney Plus is available on LG smart TVs manufactured in 2016 or later. Those TVs must run webOS 3.0 or later. The application is available in the store of LF contents.
- From the home screen of your LG Smart TV, access the LG content store. LG.
- You can scroll until you find Disney+ or you can use your remote to navigate to the search function at the top of the screen and search for: Disney Plus.
- When you find it, navigate to the app and using your controller, click Install.
- Once the Disney Plus app is downloaded and installed, you can use the remote to select the app to launch it and sign in with your Disney Plus account credentials.
How to Get Disney Plus on Vizio SmartCast TV
Disney Plus is available on TVs Vizio SmartCast manufactured in 2016 or later. You can use the Disney+ app to watch your Disney favorites, or you can stream to your TV Vizio from a device mobile using Google Cast or AirPlay 2.
The TV line Vizio Smartcast it’s compatible with 4K and UHD, so you can stream all available high or ultra high quality shows and movies.
Here’s how to add the Disney Plus app to your TV SmartCast:
- on your tv VIzio SmartCast, go to home screen
- All available apps appear on the Vizio home screen.
- Once installed, select Disney+ and use your Disney Plus account credentials to start streaming.
What if my smart TV is not compatible with the Disney+ app?
If your smart TV is an older model that doesn’t support the Disney+ app, it may still be able to stream Disney Plus content. Your best options for streaming Disney content are external streaming devices and casting.
- Transmission Devices: Most streaming devices, like Roku or Chromecast, can access Disney+. You’ll need to add the app to the streaming device (for example, you can watch Disney+ on AppleTV), and then watch it through the streaming device.
- Casting or Mirroring: Casting (or mirroring) is the sending of streaming video wirelessly from your smartphone, tablet or computer to your television. If you are an iOS user, you can use AirPlay to mirror your screen to some TVs. If you’re an Android user you can cast to a TV through an app (such as the one offered by Samsung), or you may have to cast from your device to a Chromecast device.