what you need to know
- Go to Profile > Manage profiles > Add profile to add a new one through a PC.
- You can also easily add a profile from a smartphone or a device streaming.
- Netflix allows users to create up to five different profiles for a single account.
This article explains how to add a profile in Mac, PC and other devices like smartphone, tablets, smart TVs and streaming devices. Additional information below the instructions shows how to adjust the settings within the individual profiles.
How to Create a Netflix Profile on Mac or PC
Managing your profiles is pretty much the same on most devices, but the way you get to it may be different depending on the device you’re using. First of all, here is how to manage profiles on your computer.
- Go to netflix.com in your favorite web browser and log in, if it isn’t already.
- Netflix loads the home screen, which shows available movies and shows. Click on the Profile button in the upper right corner of the screen.
If multiple profiles already exist in your account, the “Who’s Watching?” screen will appear. “Click on add profile on the far right of the screen, and then go to step 5.
- When you click the Profile button, a dropdown menu will appear. Click Manage Profiles.
- Click on the Add Profile button, represented by a plus sign.
- Write a Name for profile. If the profile is for a child, click the Child checkbox.
- Click on Continue to save profile and return to the Manage Profiles screen.
How to add a profile on smartphones, Roku, Apple TV and more
It may be easier to create and manage profiles on a PC, but we often watch Netflix on our smartphones, tablets, smart TVs, and streaming devices like Roku or Apple TV. Most of these devices also allow us to create profiles and manage our settings.
- On an iPhone: Tap the More button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Profiles appear at the top with a Manage Profiles button below.
- On an iPad and Android devices: Tap the hamburger menu button represented by three horizontal lines in the upper left corner of the screen. From the menu, tap the active profile at the top to get to the “Who’s Viewing It?” screen. and then tap Edit in the top right corner to manage profiles.
- On Roku, Apple TV, and most other smart devices: Scroll up to the row that starts with search and tap Profiles. On the Profiles screen, tap the plus sign (+) to create a new profile. To manage settings, tap the profile you want to change, then tap or swipe down to the pencil button and tap.
How to manage other Netflix profile settings
Netflix profiles are a great way to tailor the Netflix experience to the people who live in your home, set parental controls for children in the family, make sure all shows start from the beginning, or separate interests. and viewing habits of viewers.
Now that you have created a new profile, you may want to customize some settings, especially if the profile is intended for a child. Here is how.
- On the Manage Profile screen, click the pencil icon for the profile you want to edit.
- An editing screen will appear. You can adjust the following options:
– Rename: You can change the name of the profile by clicking on the name and typing a different one.
-Choose a new image: Click the pencil icon in the bottom left corner of the profile icon to change the image. Unfortunately, you cannot upload your own photo.
– Establish the level of maturity: You can change the maturity level by clicking the dropdown menu under Allowed TV shows and movies. Maturity levels include Toddlers, Older Kids, Teens, and All Maturity Levels. If the profile is set as a child profile, only Younger Children and Older Children will appear in the dropdown menu.
– Change the language: You can also change the Language setting from this screen.
- Click on Keep to save the changes.