Fallout 4 Keeps Crashing: Do you also face the Fallout 4 crashing issue on your desktop or gaming console? Fallout 4 has been up to a lot of trouble for its users. When the players launch the game, Fallout 4 crashes on startup.
Fallout 4 is the fourth main game in the Fallout game series in the order of release. Fallout 4 is an action role-playing game developed by Bethesda Game Studios and was released in 2015 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows.
In this post, we have given the full details about why Fallout 4 keeps crashing and how to fix this problem easily. Go through the methods carefully which are listed below and fix your Fallout 4 game on desktop, Xbox One, or PS4.
Why Fallout 4 Keeps Crashing
These are some of the most common reasons why your Fallout 4 keeps crashing suddenly.
- Fallout 4 version software issues
- Outdated graphics card drivers
- Antivirus software blocking the game
- Improper Fallout 4 game settings
1. Fallout 4 Crashing Cases
Here are the most commonly seen cases of Fallout 4 keeps crashing issue and the probable reason behind it.
- Fallout 4 keeps crashing Xbox One: This crashing of Fallout 4 game appears on Xbox One consoles. In between the game, Fallout 4 keeps crashing. This can lead to damage to your console.
- Fallout 4 crashes on startup: This means, the Fallout 4 game crashes even before the game fully loads.
- Fallout 4 keeps crashing to desktop: This is the crashing of Fallout 4 game on Microsoft Windows desktop. This can also damage your system.
- Fallout 4 keeps crashing on launch: Whenever the user tries to launch this game from Steam, the game starts crashing on the device.
How To Fix Fallout 4 Keeps Crashing Issue
Now that you know the different crashing cases of Fallout 4 and why do the Fallout 4 keeps crashing issue occur, we are moving forward to the fixing methods. Below are the best methods to fix the Fallout 4 keeps crashing PC, PS4, and Xbox One.
1. Reduce Video Resolution in Fallout 4
A lot of people tend to increase the Video Resolution and Graphics of their games to enjoy great visuals. But, this can affect the game’s efficiency too and result in crashing issues. Therefore, we suggest you reduce or lower the video resolution settings by going to the Fallout 4 options and keeping it in “Windowed Mode” instead of full screen.
Since the settings may vary from device to device based on the hardware, you can search it on the internet and keep the video resolution suitable to your device hardware and the game version.
2. Use a 64-bit Operating System
It is technically allowed to play Fallout 4 on a 32-bit Windows OS. However, a lot of users have noticed that their Fallout 4 keeps crashing when played on a 32-bit device. Therefore, switching to a 64-bit OS Windows device would be a better idea if you don’t want to be annoyed all the time with your game crashing out of the blue.
3. Update Graphics Card Driver
If you use a dedicated GPU for playing high-end games on your PC, then you should also make sure that the drivers are updated for the graphics card. You can follow the steps given below to update your device drivers.
- Press Windows+R buttons simultaneously to get a Run box on the screen.
- Type “devmgmt.msc” in this box and press Enter to go to the Device Manager.
- Now, find “Display adapters” in the list and expand its options.
- Make a right-click on your graphics card, and select “Update driver”.
- A pop-up with two options will be given. Click on “Search automatically for updated driver software”.
- Wait until the pending drivers are installed on your device and then reboot the PC.
- Launch Fallout 4 and see if Fallout 4 keeps crashing still.
4. Temporarily Disable Antivirus
Several antivirus software like Avast, Norton, AVG, etc, tend to block a lot of apps and games if they find anything unusual with that particular application. In the same way, Fallout 4 keeps crashing PC issues can also be occurring due to your antivirus software. Therefore, disable the antivirus on your device temporarily and then try to launch Fallout 4. Most probably, the game will not crash.
5. Reset Fallout 4 Settings
Resetting the Fallout 4 settings and making the video resolution of both the game and the Windows PC to the same value is one of the most working methods to fix the Fallout 4 keeps crashing issue. Follow the steps carefully given below.
- Press Windows+I keys to open the Windows Settings page.
- Now, click on “System” from the settings and open it.
- From the left pane, click on the “Display” tab and check the “Resolution”.
- Go to the Fallout 4 Settings options and make the video resolution the same as your device.
- Next, in Fallout 4 Options, check the boxes for Windowed mode and Border mode, and click “OK”.
- Go to Fallout 4 Tweaker window, and in the “Tweaks” tab, uncheck the box for “Enable intro video”.
- Then, switch to the “Performances” tab and uncheck the box for “Enable God Rays”.
- Finally, click on “OK” to save the changes.
6. Update Fallout 4 Game
Playing an older version of the game can also be the reason why Fallout 4 keeps crashing on your device. Therefore, make sure to install the latest and updated version of Fallout 4 for your respective device. Visit the official page of Fallout 4 and install the latest version on your PC or console.
That was all about the Fallout 4 keeps crashing issue on different devices. Try the solutions given here and get rid of the crashing issues on your Fallout 4 game. Make sure your game meets the system requirements if you don’t want to get any Fallout 4 crashing issues in the future. For more related posts, visit the TechyGun website.