Do you want to know how to fix the Netflix Error Code: M7111-5059. This post will give you some simple yet effective solutions for getting rid of the Netflix streaming error M7111-5059. Read below to know the full details.
Netflix streaming errors have become quite a common topic nowadays. This world’s largest paid-streaming platform has a set of instructions clearly given to its users one of which is not using any proxy server or VPN while using Netflix.
But, most people use VPN for security purposes and some of them might do it for work-related issues. However, it leads to errors like Error code M7111 1331 5059 or M1771-5059. If you also got the Netflix error code M7111-5059, then read this fixing guide and make the error code disappear successfully.
How To Fix Netflix Error Code: M7111-5059
Netflix is a source of great entertainment. If such a useful streaming platform starts showing errors and doesn’t let you watch anything, then it’s a matter of concern. But, don’t worry, and perform the solutions given below to fix the error code: M7111-5059 on Netflix.
1. Clear Browser Cache and Cookies
If you use Netflix on a web browser instead of a dedicated application, then your browser cache and cookies can most probably at fault. Make sure to clear the cache files and cookies from your browsing history by following the steps given below.
- Open Google Chrome on your device and be on the main screen.
- Now, click on the three dots menu at the top-right corner of the page.
- In the drop-down menu, go to “More…” and click on “Clear browsing data…”.
- Under both the “Basic” and “Advanced” tabs, select the Time range as “All time”.
- Check the boxes for “Cached images and files” and “Cookies and other site data”.
- Finally, click on the “Clear data” button. Once done, restart your device.
- Now, go to Netflix.com and sign in to your account.
- Check if the error code: M7111-5059 still appears.
2. Disable VPN Connection
Do you use a VPN on your smartphone or computer for some security purposes? Make sure to disable it if you really want to stream Netflix. Netflix collects information about their users including their IP address, server, and location. But, using a VPN will hide your details and Netflix won’t allow you to use the app unless you disable the VPN.
- Open the VPN application on your smartphone or disconnect it from the notifications.
- If you use a Windows computer, then press Windows+I keys to open the Settings.
- Now, click on the “Network & Internet” section and open it.
- From the left pane of the window, click on the “VPN” option.
- Then, on the main screen, select your VPN network and click on “Disconnect” or “Remove”.
- Save the changes and now restart your device.
- The Netflix error code: M7111-5059 will be hopefully fixed this time.
3. Turn Off Proxy Server
Netflix strictly prohibits using any proxy server, unblocker, or VPN while you use the app. If you have enabled a Proxy server on your device, then make sure to turn it off immediately. Follow the steps given below to disable the proxy server on Windows.
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows+R buttons on your keyboard.
- Now, type “inetcpl.cpl” in the box and click on “OK” to open Internet Properties.
- In the Internet Properties window, click on the “Connections” tab.
- Next, click on the “LAN settings” button as shown in the image.
- Under LAN Settings, go to the “Proxy server” section.
- Uncheck the box for “Use a proxy server for your LAN”.
- Click on the “OK” button and save the changes.
- Restart your computer and launch Netflix. The error will be fixed.
4. Disable All Browser Extensions
Faulty or too many extensions can actually cause browsing issues. Netflix streaming error code: M7111-5059 can also occur due to the same reason. Temporarily disable the extensions added to your browser. You can enable them again anytime.
- Launch your browser and type “chrome://extensions” or “opera://extensions” in the URL bar.
- Press on the Enter button to go to the Extensions page of your browser.
- Now, disable all the extensions for a short period of time unless your Netflix is fixed.
- Open Netflix, sign in to your account, and play any movie or video.
- The error code: M7111-5059 should not appear this time.
5. Contact Internet Service Provider
Cleared cache, disabled VPN, and not even using a Proxy server, but still, the error code: M7111-5059 shows up? Netflix can be still showing the error if it thinks your network comes from a prohibited service. In such cases, contact your internet broadband service provider.
Tell them that your network is being identified like using a VPN or Proxy when in fact, you are not using them. Your internet provider will surely assist you in fixing the error code on Netflix. Then you can get back to your Netflix without any worries.
Other Similar Articles To Check:
Netflix’s error code: M7111-5059 is clearly a streaming error and occurs due to using unblocker software, VPN, or a proxy server. Follow our methods given in this post and quickly fix the error on your Netflix site. If you found this guide helpful, share it with others too. For more useful posts from TechyGun, stay tuned to our website.