Discord Screen Share No Audio: This issue has been quite common for a lot of Discord users. If you are also having an audio issue while screen sharing on Discord, then this post is specially written for you.
Discord is a Voice Over Internet Protocol instant messaging app, and digital distribution platform. Discord is mainly used by gamers. The users on Discord create groups called communities and interact with each other on Discord.
Screen sharing is a feature by Discord that allows the users to share their game screen with other users. But, now the issue is when screen share is enabled, audio stops working on Discord. In this post, we are going to show you how to fix Discord screen share no audio issue.
Before knowing how to fix this no audio problem on Discord, first get to know the reason behind it. Here are some of the causes that can result in the Discord no audio screen share.
- Outdated audio driver software
- Discord audio settings issues
- Antivirus application blocking Discord
- Pending updates on Discord
Now that you know why this issue occurs on your app, now here we will tell you how to fix the issue and how to share audio on Discord no screen share successfully.
1. Run Discord As Administrator
The first solution by which you can get over the Discord no audio screen share issue is by launching it or running it with administrator access. Follow the steps given below to run Discord as an administrator permanently.
- Right-click on the Discord shortcut icon from the desktop and select “Properties”.
- In the Properties pop-up window, switch the tab to “Compatibility”.
- Now, tick the box for “Run this program as an administrator”.
- Click on the “Apply” button and then select “OK” to save your changes.
- Close the Properties window and launch Discord.
- Now try screen sharing with your friends and check if audio works.
2. Update Discord
If the last update was not properly installed on your device, then it can lead to errors in your app. In a similar way, if Discord wasn’t correctly updated, then you can get the Discord screen share no audio issue. Update the Discord application again by following the steps given below.
- Press Windows+R keys simultaneously to open the Run box.
- Enter “%localappdata%” in the Run box and press Enter button.
- Now, open the “Discord” folder and find the “Update.exe” file.
- Double-click on this file to update Discord again properly.
- Wait for it to finish and then relaunch Discord.
- The Discord screen share no audio issue will be resolved.
3. Reset Discord Audio Settings
You can have the Discord screen share no audio and related issues on your device due to some settings problems too. Just roll back to the original settings by resetting Discord’s audio settings. To do so, follow the steps given below.
- Open Discord and click on the “Settings” icon located at the bottom.
- Now, click on the “Voice & Video” option from the left pane.
- Go down, and click on the “Reset Voice Settings” option.
- Finally, click OK to confirm.
- Relaunch Discord after done with the reset. The audio will work fine this time.
4.Update Audio Drivers
As mentioned earlier, if your device has an older version of audio drivers, then make sure to update them as soon as possible. Follow the steps given below to update audio drivers on your Windows PC.
- Press Windows+R to get the Run dialog box on the screen.
- Type “devmgmt.msc” in the Run box and press Enter to go to Device Manager.
- Go to the “Audio inputs and outputs” section and click on the arrows next to it.
- Now, right-click on your sound card and select “Update driver”.
- Next, click on “Search automatically for updated driver software”.
- Wait till the drivers are updated and then restart your PC.
- Now launch Discord, and start screens haring with your friends.
- Hopefully, the Discord screen share no audio will be fixed.
5. Use Discord In Windowed Mode
Using Discord in windowed mode is another effective fix to get rid of the Discord screen share no audio issue. When users tried to open Discord in Windowed mode instead of Fullscreen, then they had no audio issues while screen sharing.
You can just launch the Discord application and click on the “minimize” icon on the top bar. This will turn the app to be in windowed mode. Then, use screen sharing and check if the Discord screen share no audio issue is fixed or not. You can also fix the issue discord overlay not working and issue the problem.
6. Reinstall Discord
If you are still not able to fix the problem and the audio doesn’t work still, then the ultimate method is reinstalling the application itself from your device. Whatever platform you are using for Discord, uninstall the app from it. For Windows, follow the steps given below.
- Go to Control Panel and click on the “Programs” section.
- Now, click on the “Programs and Features” option.
- Once in the Programs and Features window, find “Discord”.
- Right-click on “Discord” and click on the “Uninstall” option.
- Confirm your action and successfully delete the app.
- After deleting, restart your computer.
- Download Discord from its official website, and install it.
- Start using Discord. The Discord no audio screen share issue will not appear.
We hope these methods helped you to fix the Discord screen share no audio issue. Make sure the audio drivers are updated, and your device is connected to strong internet when you face such kind of problem on Discord. If nothing works, just delete the app and install it again. It is the best solution to fix the Discord app. For more related guides, visit the TechyGun website.